Construction Oversight/Management & Inspection • OSHA 10 and 30 Construction Training • Hazardous Materials Surveys/Air Monitoring Surveys/Site Assessments • Environmental and Health and Safety Audits • Health and Safety Programs
Environmental Health and Safety Consultation
Code Rule 59 and 60 Consultation
Safety Compliance Products and Services
Site Safety Oversite and Management
Onsite and Online Safety Training
OSHA and HAZWOPER Training
Health and Safety Plans
M. Bhuiyan Construction Corporation:
Provided Construction Safety Representatives for MTA Sandy Project (2014-2016)
Several emergency hatches were remediated and replaced throughout Manhattan. Wrote MTA APP Plan. Provided Safety oversight with regard to all safety hazards including fall protection. Monitored noise as per mitigation plan.
B&B Contracting LLC
Site Safety Oversite and QA/QC- US Army Core of Engineers Constitution Island Educational Center Utilized EM385 1-1 (2016)
Barragan Corp International-Project for Liberty Mutual Insurance
OCIP Construction Safety Consultant (Independent Subcontractor / Contract Assignment)
Liberty Mutual Consultant for School Construction Authority Projects nearing completion.
Conduct project safety audits of construction sites located throughout the City of New York.
Provide written safety reports of observations and corrective actions taken.
Conduct safety and health training as requested.
Recommend preventive measures and practices; conferring with insurance carriers;
Communicate directly with owner on issue of imminent danger.
Provide information relevant to the design and construction of facilities, and the installation of equipment; conducting inspections; recommending improvements.
Prevent citations by studying and interpreting regulations and standards; conducting inspections; identifying problems; developing solutions; accompanying and working with inspectors.
Provide safety information as required by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; publishing reports; writing newspaper articles and special bulletins.
Analyzing Information, Informing Others, Written Communication, Legal Compliance, Judgment, Integrity, OSHA Compliance, Process Improvement; Research Skills, Attention to Detail, Innovation, Functional and Technical Skills; 1stAid/CPR, Physically Fit to access all areas of the site; Administrative Skills; Commercial Construction Experience.
LCM Consulting Inc.
NYCDEP Bureau of Design and Construction (BEDC)
Authorized Site Safety Representative
· Worked as independent contractor safety consultant and approved BEDC Site safety Representative for Certified Safety Professional with multi-billion dollar projects for contractors at various NYCDEP Clean Water, Waste Water Treatment and Remediation /Upgrade projects. East and West Hudson (Jerome Park Reservoir, Port Jervis, Ashokan Reservoir, Grahmmsville Lab, Wards Island, Newtown Creek). Projects required safety over site for contractor/subcontractor excavation, demolition, electric, plumbing and masonry work. Contractors include: Paul J. Scariano, JPP Plumbing, Kiewit/Jett, J P Picone, McCullough, Precision Roofing/Sucato Masonry, Rondout Electric Inc., and Five Star Electric.
Site Safety Management.
World Trade Center Transportation Hub for NY/NJ Port Authority (Tutor-Perrini) (500M).
· Provided Construction Site Safety Management for Contractor (Tutor-Perrini) during startup of Day/Night Shift. Monitored safety during excavation, demolition and hauling of debris. Resolve safety issues such as lighting, safety barriers, PPE, worker hazard, exposures and noise variances.
· Coordinated with day shift Site Safety. Performed site safety monitoring, auditing and inspection of site. Provide Tool Box Talks. Provided workers and operators with proper PPE as needed. Worked with Construction, professionals at all levels, Port Authority, General Contractor (Tishman-Turner) and Sub Contractors. Project estimated at 500 million dollars with future projections to over one Billion.
Safety Over site
Throggsneck Bridge Project Triboro Bridge & Tunnel Authority (TBTA)
General Contractor E.E. Cruz Inc. (96M)
· Provided Safety Over site during replacement of the Concrete deck and Rehabilitation of the abutment and retaining walls, Throggs Neck Bridge, Queen’s approach. Provided Construction Safety Monitoring for TBTA (96 Million dollar project). Assisted Site Safety Manager with implementation of HASP and interaction with 10 subcontractors. Provided daily site safety auditing, safety monitoring and guidance on site. Provided daily reports to TBTA with recommendations, corrective actions and positive safety practices.
· Attended safety meetings and toolbox talks. Subcontractors included painters, iron workers, carpenters, and lead paint remediation. Worker count averaged approximately 85-100 per day including contractors and sub-contractors. Provided daily audits and site inspection. Work involved heavy demolition and bridge/road work. Worked to maintain level of PPE for hearing protection and respiratory protection from particulate dust and silica. Worked specifically with fire prevention techniques during welding, cutting. Maintenance of fire watch protocol. Constant housekeeping monitored during demo operations.
Jett subsidiary of Kiewitt-Project in Westchester County NY
Served as Safety Consultant providing CSP and other Site safety personnel for NYC DEP Project for Catskill Aqueduct. Project part of 11 billion dollar upgrade to NYC Department of Environmental Protection and local municipal water supply.
Scope of work included: Connection to Aqueduct Tie In (Core Drilling, Shore inside Aqueduct, and Set Pipe in Place), Concrete Demo to Existing Building, Clearing, Grubbing, Site Excavation and Fills. Site Safety Consulting includes preparation, review and submittal for approval of HASP Plan. Able to obtain speedy HASP approval working in conjunction with Site Safety Professional (CSP) after one review by NYCDEP.
· Worked in conjunction with NYC DEP, Local Municipalities, CM Resident Engineers, Corporate Safety Director, Site Safety Professional, and Site Safety Representative, Project Management, Project Engineers., Superintendents, and Foreman. Provide daily, weekly, monthly reports and all safety duties and responsibilities. Completed Assignment.
Louis Berger/Triangle Health & Safety East Rutherford, NJ- Perimeter Air Monitor (1.3M)
Worked as a consultant and subcontractor performing Perimeter Air Monitoring (PAM) on major 1.3 million dollar project for Tri-Venture (construction contractor consortium) to build NJ Transit link in the Meadowlands.
· Followed PAM procedure set forth in HASP plan to monitor area outside of the exclusion zone daily and maintain daily compliance. Monitored digging locale, transit bridge construction, and activity in the exclusion zone. Monitored potential hazards and exposure to Mercury vapors, various VOC’s and Particulate Dust.
· Set up command station, coded perimeter boxes and monitored area with transmitters and direct reading instruments. The MiniRae PID, Jerome Mercury Vapor Analyzer and Dust Trak were utilized using corresponding data logging software for analysis. Perimeter monitor data was downloaded and stored. Daily report was provided as to field conditions, alarms, wind directions, adverse conditions, placement of monitors etc. Received NJ Transit Track Worker Training.
Emilcott Associates Chatham, NJ -Independent Contractor / EHS Consultant
Worked independently as a contractor for major Environmental Consulting firm. Worked as an industrial hygienist and health and safety professional on a per project basis. Served as Health and Safety Officer and Environmental Consultant on Construction Site in NYC while contractor performed underground plumbing installation. Involved digging, excavation, concrete work for major plumbing contractor during Stuyvesant Town upgrade project.
· Enforced HASP plan and environmental compliance. Ensured proper use of PPE and decontamination procedures.
· Utilized Industrial Hygiene methods. Instituted engineering, administrative controls and proper use of PPE as needed. Monitored PPE (Level C&D) and Equipment Use (Excavators)